Recent activity.

Hello there!

I've not updated this blog for a while now, which is usually what happens and you're probably fully aware of that by now. But I'm here to give an update on what's going on with my writing comics and whatnot... Anyway, here we go:

Since I last updated the blog, I've been published again in FutureQuake Press' Something Wicked horror anthology. Something Wicked #11 was released on November 2nd and went on sale at this year's Thought Bubble Festival in Leeds. #11 has a story called Greed and Other Human Compulsions by myself and Shaun Speight. Available from the FutureQuake shop right now.
Something Wicked #10 is now sold out!

The previous issue of Something Wicked, which contained my first published story (Dinner Date with art by Darren Stephens) has now completely sold out.
Well done to everyone involved and thank you to everyone who bought a copy of the book, the guys who took the time to review it and to Dave and Richmond for having me in it in the first place. It means a lot to me.



FutureQuake #27, which contains An Intellectual Era with artwork by Miguel Echemendia is still available to buy from the FQ shop and will soon (November 25th!) be available to buy from digital comics giant, ComiXology. Keep your eyes peeled for that, especially if you're anywhere other than the UK because it'll probably be your first time reading anything I've written.

In non-FQP related news, I've managed to finish a 4-page story for Mark Millar's Millarworld Annual Talent Hunt and also my 22-page entry for the Top Cow Talent Hunt this month. Pretty pleased with both stories, so fingers crossed for me on those fronts...
Between now and when those things are announced I'll be working on my own project, preparing to pitch something.

You may remember me posting some time last year about Markosia's British Showcase Anthology Vol. II (and possible about it production being stopped on it.) Well, good news: The British Showcase is back on course and my story The Heathen Masses will be included in it. The story has a new artist attached in Paul Moore who is a very talented gentleman and I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with the script.

And last but by no means least, a massive congratulations to my collaborator Joe Palmer (Chivalry Isn't Dead) who recently won the 2000 AD art competition at Thought Bubble. Well done, Joe. I'm over the moon for you!

Until next time,

Chris.
Recent activity. Recent activity. Reviewed by Lurker on 13:23:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.